Life Transitions Burial and Cremation Service inc. Has been and continues to be honoured to serve the families of Tilbury, Ontario.
The nearby townships of Tilbury West and Tilbury East were named for the port of Tilbury in the English county of Essex. A settlement, called Henderson (after the local postmaster), was established with the construction of the Canada Southern Railway in 1875. The name of the post office was changed to Tilbury Centre after the adjoining townships and the community was incorporated as a village in 1887. The name changed again to Tilbury a few years later, in 1895, and incorporated as a town in 1910. Tilbury is also home to the largest antique mall in its part of Southern Ontario. Tilbury is also famous for its murals which depict part of its history. In 1998, the town was amalgamated with the City of Chatham, the township of Chatham, Blenheim, Bothwell, Camden, Dover, Dresden, Erie Beach, Erieau, Harwich, Highgate, Howard, Orford, Raleigh, Ridgetown, Rodney, Thamesville, Tilbury East, Wallaceburg, Wheatley and Zone to form the municipality of Chatham-Kent. The former town hall at 17 Superior Street is now Tilbury Municipal Centre and Chatham-Kent Police station.